EVENING OF ALOHA REMINDERS
This past June, it was wonderful to see so many Nisei veterans renewing old acquaintances at the Los Angeles Congressional Gold Medal Celebration, and we'd like as many as possible to join us at our Evening of Aloha Gala Dinner to continue those reacquaintances.
We understand that one of major concerns for our veteran community is transportation to the event, so we're excited to announce the details of our door-to-door service for our Evening of Aloha Gala Dinner: This year we've partnered with Hiroshi Nakamoto and Richard Miyazato of Carelife, Inc. to provide skilled care door-to-door escort services for Nisei veterans, wives and widows. For more information, contact Carelife, Inc. at 310-373-6030.
In addition, we've made other special arrangements for the Nisei veterans to reminisce and check up on old friends at our Evening of Aloha Gala Dinner:
- Nisei veterans: Special price of just $25 for Nisei veterans of WWII to attend the dinner.
- Escort/Attendant: We understand that many Nisei veterans prefer to be escorted, so we've arranged for a reduced price of $175 for a person to accompany the veteran.
- Veterans' Lounge: Nisei veterans/escorts will have a private lounge to sit and talk with old friends, and with our keynote speakers, GEN (Ret.) David Bramlett and Vice Admiral Harry Harris, Jr.
Closing dates are fast approaching to reserve your seat, place an ad, or make a silent auction donation for our 2011 Evening of Aloha Gala Dinner.
- Table Sponsorship or Advertisement in Program Booklet: If you would like to purchase a table sponsorship or place an ad, please email Peggy Renke immediately, as the deadline was yesterday (September 17th).
- Silent auction donation: Item must be received by September 28th. (Thank you for your generosity!)